Evgeny Igorevitch Kissin (Russian: Евге́ний И́горевич Ки́син Yevgeniy Igorevich Kisin; born 10 October 1971) is a Russian classical pianist. He has been a British citizen since 2002. He is famous for his playing of the works of the Romantic repertoire, such as Frédéric Chopin and Franz Liszt.
Awards and recognitions[change]
- Musical America, Instrumentalist of the Year, 1994
- Triumph Award, Outstanding Contribution to Russia's Culture (Youngest Awardee), 1997
- Honorary Doctorate of Music by the Manhattan School of Music, New York 2001
- Honorary Membership of the Royal Academy of Music 2005
- Herbert von Karajan Award, Baden-Baden, Germany (2005)
- Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without orchestra), 2006
- Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli Award, Brescia, Italy 2007
- Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist(s) Performance (with orchestra), 2009
- Honorary Doctoral Degree by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem 2010
- "Biography, biography". Kissin.dk. http://www.kissin.dk/biography.html. Retrieved 13 September 2009.