Florida State Road 540
|Maintained by FDOT|
|Length:||19.2 mi (30.899 km)|
|West end:||US 98 in Highland City|
|US 17 near Eagle Lake|
|East end:||US 27 near Waverly|
State Road 540 is an east-west road in Central Florida, serving Polk County. It runs 24.3 miles (39.1 km) from US 27 to the south side of the city of Lakeland. SR 540 also runs along the entrance to Cypress Gardens. It is a major road along the south side of Winter Haven, where it is known as Cypress Gardens Boulevard, and an important link between Winter Haven and Lakeland, the Polk Parkway, and also Interstate 4 and the Tampa Bay area.
SR 540 is known by the following names:
- Cypress Gardens Blvd. (US 27 – US 17)
- 4th St. (cosigned with US 17)
- Winter Lake Rd. (US 17 – US 98)
- Bartow Rd. (cosigned with US 98)
- Clubhouse Rd. (US 98 – SR 37B)
SR 540A[change | change source]
State Road 540A is a set of traffic bypasses for the termini of SR 540.
References[change | change source]
- Google, Inc. Google Maps – Map showing SR 540 and its length [map]. Cartography by Tele Atlas. Retrieved on 31 Dec 2010.