From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
German can mean different things.
It can mean the German language.
- the Germanic peoples, who speak Germanic languages, including German and some other languages
- the early people known as Franks
- Holy Roman Empire (843-1806)
- German Confederation (1815-1866)
- German Empire (1871-1918)
- Weimar Republic (1919-1933)
- German Democratic Republic or East Germany (1949-1990)
When talking about a person, it can mean someone who lives in Germany, or someone who thinks of himself or herself as 'German'.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.