From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the year 670 a church in Gerresheim is mentioned first time.
In 1803 there was no Abbay anymore. In 1809 Gerresheim was taken over by Prussia. In 1838 Gerresheim got its railway sation.
In 1909 Gerresheim became a part of Düsseldorf.
Buildings and attractions [change]
- Basilica Saint Margaretha, formerly St. Hippolytus, Roman Catholic church, Romano-Gothic abbey church, sanctified in 1236 in the place of a church of the Staufens.
- The treasures of the church are a crucifix from the 10th century and a Gospel book from the 11th century
- Abbey buildings date from the 13th century
- Quadenhof Castle dates from the 15th century
- Gustav Adolf Church, Protestant (Lutheran) church from 1878
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Gerresheim|