From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Golden Age)
Golden age is an expression (or term) that people use when they are talking or writing about a time that is past, when everything seemed to be good.
There are several ways that the term can be used.
- It can be used for an historic period in a particular place, for example: "The Golden Age of Athens".
- This means a time in the history of Ancient Greece when the city of Athens had peace, good government and everyone had enough to eat.
- It can be used for a period or style of art or literature, for example: "The Golden Age of Danish Painting".
- It can be used in a personal sense, for example: "Harvard was my 'Golden Age'!"
- This means that the person speaking says that their time at Harvard University was the happiest in their life.