Gossip Girl is an American television teen drama based on the popular novel series of the same title written by Cecily von Ziegesar. Gossip Girl revolves around the lives of a group of rich teenagers grown up on New York's Upper East Side as they attend private school while dealing with typical teenage adolescence issues such as sex and drugs.
The series begins with Serena van der Woodsen' returning from a half-year at boarding school in Cornwall. "Gossip Girl" is the name of an anonymous blogger, who knows everything in Upper East Side but nobody knows who she is. Gossip girl is voiced by Kristen Bell.
Cast[change | edit source]
- Serena van der Woodsen - Blake Lively
- Blair Waldorf - Leighton Mester
- Nathaniel "Nate" Archibald - Chace Crawford
- Charles "Chuck" Bass - Ed Westwick
- Daniel "Dan" Humphrey - Penn Badglay
- Jennifer "Jenny" Humphrey - Taylor Momsen
- Eric van der Woodsen - Connor Paolo
- Vanessa Abrams - Jessica Szohr
- Lily van der Woodsen - Kelly Rutherford
- Rufus Humphrey - Matthew Settle
- Eleanor Waldorf - Margaret Colin
- Ivy Dickens - Kaylee DeFer
- Georgina Sparks - Michelle Trachtenberg
Characters[change | edit source]
|This section needs copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. (May 2013)|
- Blair Waldorf is the queen bee of Constance Billard High School. She seems to have everything-rich family, a handsome boyfriend, and lots of friends. However, loneliness deep in her heart makes her a naughty and manipulative girl.
- Serena van der Woodsen, is Blair's best friend. The story starts with her coming back to Upper east side after her sudden disappearance to boarding school. She used to be a party girl but she tries to change.
- Charles ”Chuck” Bass is a rich boy. When his father Bart Bass dies he gets his father's company, Bass industries. But he does’t think he is ready yet, so he gives it to Barts wife Lily Wan Der Woodsen, Serenas mother. He bought a hotel, The Empire. Chuck and Blair has an complicated relationship to each other. They were dating a long time until Chuck picked the Empire in front of her. Then when she were so close to come back to him he did something with Jennifer ”Jenny” Humphrey, Dans sister, but now they maybe will come back to each other again.
- Nathaniel ”Nate” Archibald is Chuck's best friend. He is described as a golden boy who has everything, but he tries to find his identity between his powerful family and himself.
- Daniel ”Dan” Humphrey is an outsider who lives in Brooklyn. But he starts to be an insider after dating his first love, Serena van der Woodsen.