Government of India Act 1935
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gave Indian provinces more independence
- It allowed the establishment of an All India Federation.
- For the first time direct elections were introduced. The right to vote was increased from seven million to thirty-five million.
- Sind was separated from Bombay, Orissa was separated from Bihar, and Burma was separated from India.
- The System of Diarchy was dropped at the provincial level but introduced in the central government level