Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
|Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport|
|IATA: ATL – ICAO: KATL – FAA LID: ATL|
|Owner||City of Atlanta|
|Operator||Department of Aviation|
|Location||unincorporated areas, Atlanta, College Park, and Hapeville
Fulton & Clayton Counties
|Elevation AMSL||1,026 ft / 313 m|
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (IATA: ATL, ICAO: KATL, FAA LID: ATL), also known as Atlanta Airport, Hartsfield Airport, and Hartsfield–Jackson, is a pubic airport in Atlanta, Georgia. It is the world's busiest airport by number of passengers and number of landings and take-offs since 2005. It serves 89 million passengers per year. The airport is the main hub of AirTran Airways, Delta Air Lines, and ExpressJet. The Delta hub is the world's largest airline hub. Delta Air Lines flew most (59%) of passengers from the airport in February 2011. The airport has 199 gates. It has both domestic and international gates.
Hartsfield–Jackson was still the world's busiest airport in 2010. It had an average of 243,000 passengers each day. It also had a total of 950,119 flights. Many of the flights are flights inside the United States. Atlanta is a major hub for travel throughout the Southeastern United States.
Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport has international service to North America, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. The airport is located mostly in unincorporated areas in Fulton and Clayton counties. The city limits of Atlanta, College Park, and Hapeville end at the airport grounds.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport hosts the following airlines:
- Air Canada
- Air France
- Airtran Airways Main Hub
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines Main Hub
- Frontier Airlines
- Korean Air
- Spirit Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Vision Airlines
- "Operating Statistics". Department of Aviation, Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport. http://atlanta-airport.com/Airport/ATL/operation_statistics.aspx. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Atlanta airport still the "busiest"". Hartsfield-Jackson. January 4, 2010. Archived from the original on January 6, 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070106042352/http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2007/01/04/0104airport.html.
- "Atlanta, GA: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (ATL)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. February 2011. http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1&Airport=ATL.
- "Fact Sheet". City of Atlanta. February 2007. http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/ATL/ATL_FactSheet.aspx. Retrieved June 12, 2008.
- Zoning Ordinance, City of Atlanta, Georgia
- "City Maps." City of College Park. Retrieved on May 25, 2009. Archived 23 October 2011 at WebCite
- "Official Zoning Map." City of Hapeville. Retrieved on May 19, 2009.