Hell in a Cell (2009)
|Hell in a Cell (2009)|
|Theme song (s)||"Monster" by Skillet|
|Promotion||World Wrestling Entertainment|
|Date||October 4, 2009|
|City||Newark, New Jersey|
|Breaking Point||Hell in a Cell (2009)||Bragging Rights|
Hell in a Cell was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which took place on October 4, 2009 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The name of the event was voted by fans from WWE's official website. Hell in a Cell was chosen over No Escape, Lock Up and Rage in a Cage. It was the first event in the Hell in a Cell series.
- See also: Professional wrestling
Hell in a Cell contained professional wrestling matches, with the main event matches being held in a Hell in a Cell match. The events involved wrestlers from all three Brands, Raw, WWE SmackDown and ECW. The wrestlers portrayed either a good guy or a bad guy as they followed a series of events which lead to a wrestling match or a series of wrestling matches.
|Dark||Matt Hardy defeated Mike Knox||Singles match||N/A|
|1||The Undertaker defeated CM Punk (c)||Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship||10:26|
|2||John Morrison (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler||Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship||15:43|
|3||Mickie James (c) defeated Alicia Fox||Singles match for the WWE Divas Championship||05:21|
|4||Chris Jericho and The Big Show (c) defeated Batista and Rey Mysterio||Tag team match for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship||13:44|
|5||Randy Orton defeated John Cena (c) ||Last Chance Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship||21:27|
|6||Drew McIntyre defeated R-Truth||Singles match||04:38|
|7||Kofi Kingston (c) defeated Jack Swagger and The Miz||Triple Threat match for the WWE United States Championship||07:55|
|8||D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels) defeated The Legacy (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase)||Tag team Hell in a Cell match||18:04|
Other Pages [change]
- "WWE presents Hell in a Cell". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/rw/eventdetail/11142282. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "WWE seeking feedback on PPVs". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1245448682.php. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "WWE Hell In A Cell 2009". Internet Wrestling Database. http://www.profightdb.com/cards/wwe/hell-in-a-cell-6536.html#2009. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- Martin, Adam (2009-10-04). "Dark match before Hell in a Cell PPV". Wrestle View. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1254708809.php?style=dark. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- Burdick, Michael (2009-10-04). "Results:Supremacy in the Cell". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11798344/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Sitterson, Aubrey (2009-10-04). "Results:Sunday night delight". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11301954/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Medalis, Kara A. (2009-10-04). "Results:Mickie outsmarts the Fox". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11839992/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Vermillion, James (2009=10-04). "Results:Jeri-Showing how it's done". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11805912/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Tello, Craig (2009-10-04). "Results:Serpent's Structure". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11663456/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Passeo, Mitch (2009-10-04). "Results:McIntyre shows R-Truth what’s up". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11906050/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Murphy, Ryan (2009-10-04). "Results:Threat averted". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11769584/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Adkins, Greg (2009-10-04). "Results:DX-perience prevails". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11663600/results/. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
Other Websites [change]