Homestar Runner, also called H*R, was an Internet cartoon that was made using Macromedia Flash. It usually gets updated every Monday (but this has not happened in three years as of the end of 2013) with a cartoon, a game, or a Strong Bad Email. The people that made the website are Mike Chapman and Matt Chapman. They are brothers and are called The Brothers Chaps. The cartoons on the website normally show Homestar Runner or Strong Bad, who are the main characters on the cartoon.
Characters[change | edit source]
- Homestar Runner - The main character of the show. He has no arms.
- Pom Pom: Homestar's best friend, who only speaks by making bubble sounds. He's a large round orange ball who bounces around to move.
- Strong Bad: The bad guy of the show. He is a main character and has his own videos called Strong Bad Emails or "sbemails".
- Strong Mad: Strong Bad's brother, who is not very smart, is strong and is almost always angry. He has a rectangle body and no neck.
- Strong Sad: Strong Bad's other brother, who is sad. He is large, and is white and grey.
- Bubs: This character runs a store in the show. He has a blue head and a large mouth, which always has a large smile.
- Coach Z: Homestar's coach, who can not say words the right way.
- The Cheat: Strong Bad's pet. He is small and yellow. He helps Strong Bad cheat at things.
- Marzipan: Homestar Runner's girlfriend and a guitar player. She looks like a hippie broomstick with a ponytail.
- The King of Town: The King lives in a big castle and eats a lot.
- The Poopsmith: The King's helper. He never speaks, using a sign instead, and is usually shoveling poop.
- Homsar: A character made after someone misspelled "Homestar" in an email to Strong Bad. He has a weird appearance and says strange things.
Video games[change | edit source]
Telltale Games, the makers of video games based on the Sam & Max comic book, made a game called Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People for Windows and the Wii's WiiWare. It's an episodic game with five episodes, and it is made with 3 dimensions instead of 2 dimensions like Homestar Runner is. The first episode was called Homestar Ruiner, and ended with 8-Bit is Enough.