|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Hoover Dam|
The Hoover Dam is a large dam on the Colorado River. It is on the border of the states of Arizona and Nevada. The dam is named after the former US President Herbert Hoover. At first it was called "Boulder Dam", but the name was changed to honor Hoover, who was president when the idea of building the dam started.
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Hoover Dam's official website
- Official State of Nevada Tourism Site
- Hoover Dam: Lonely Lands Made Fruitful
- BBC - Hoover Dam, industrial and social history
- Hoover Dam page
- Dams of the Lower Colorado River - Hoover Dam
- Frank Crowe - Builder of Hoover Dam
- "Boulder Dam" – Part I and Parts III and IV, documentary films from the Prelinger Archives at the Internet Archive.
- Construction of diversion tunnel #4 and spillway tunnel which drops sharply to enter diversion tunnel
- PBS American experience - Hoover Dam