|Comptroller of Illinois|
|Term length||4 years|
|Inaugural holder||George W. Lindberg|
Duties[change | change source]
He or she is responsible for keeping the State's accounts, and for ordering payments into and out of them. The office was created by the Illinois Constitution of 1970, replacing the office of Auditor of Public Accounts. The current Comptroller was Republican Judy Baar Topinka. but she died in office in December 2014. A successor is yet to be announced.
List of Illinois Comptrollers[change | change source]
- George W. Lindberg (1973-1977)
- Michael J. Bakalis (1977-1979)
- Roland W. Burris (1979-1991)
- Dawn Clark Netsch (1991-1995)
- Loleta A. Didrickson (1995-1999)
- Daniel W. Hynes (1999-2011)
- Judy Baar Topinka (2011-2014)
References[change | change source]
- Section 3, Article V, "Constitution of Illinois", accessed April 12, 2008.