|Comptroller of Illinois|
|Term length||4 years|
|Inaugural holder||George W. Lindberg|
Duties[change | edit source]
He or she is responsible for keeping the State's accounts, and for ordering payments into and out of them. The office was created by the Illinois Constitution of 1970, replacing the office of Auditor of Public Accounts. The current Comptroller is Republican Judy Baar Topinka.
List of Illinois Comptrollers[change | edit source]
- George W. Lindberg (1973-1977)
- Michael J. Bakalis (1977-1979)
- Roland W. Burris (1979-1991)
- Dawn Clark Netsch (1991-1995)
- Loleta A. Didrickson (1995-1999)
- Daniel W. Hynes (1999-2011)
- Judy Baar Topinka (2011-Present)
References[change | edit source]
- Section 3, Article V, "Constitution of Illinois", accessed April 12, 2008.