|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: insight.|
- a piece of information: I have an insight into that problem..
- the way you come to know something, a kind of learning.
- the answer to a question or problem.
- a sudden realization: the Eureka effect, named after Archimedes. This is also known as an epiphany.
Higher intelligence (higher IQ) has also been found to be associated with better performance on insight problems. However, those of lower intelligence benefit more than those of higher intelligence from being provided with cues and hints for insight problems.
References[change | change source]
- Sternberg, Robert J. & Davidson, Janet E. (eds) 1996. The nature of insight. MIT Press. Cambridge, MA & London. ISBN 0-262-69187-6