Jay Cutler running in a game in 2010
|No. 6 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth: April 29, 1983|
|Place of birth: Santa Claus, Indiana|
|Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||Weight: 233 lb (106 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 1 / Pick: 11|
|Debuted in 2006 for the Denver Broncos|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jay Christopher Cutler is an American football quarterback for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He went to Heritage Hills High School, where he also played safety, and led his team to the IHSAA Football Finals. He played for the Vanderbilt Commodores football team during his college days, with his final play being a touchdown throw to future Bears teammate Earl Bennett. He formerly played for the Denver Broncos, who drafted him in the first round of the 2006 NFL Draft. Cutler was traded to Chicago for Kyle Orton and a first-round pick in 2009. Cutler was named to the Pro Bowl in 2008. In 2010, after the Bears' loss to the Green Bay Packers in the Conference Championship, people criticized Cutler, calling him a quitter after he hurt his knee. In 2012, Cutler was reunited with Brandon Marshall, who played with him in Denver, as well as Jeremy Bates, who was his quarterbacks coach in Denver. Cutler was also a Bears fan during his youth.
- "2000 IHSAA FOOTBALL STATE FINALS". Ihsaa.org. 2000-11-25. http://www.ihsaa.org/b-football/00Class3AFinals.htm. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Henderson, John. "Getting to know "real" Jay Cutler". The Denver Post. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11862596. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Jensen, Sean (2011-12-28). "Jay Cutler a Pro Bowl alternate - Inside the Bears". Chicago Sun-Times. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2011/12/jay_cutler_a_pro_bowl_alternat.html. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Jay Cutler under attack for leaving Bears' loss with knee injury". USA Today. 2011-01-23. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/jay-cutler-under-attack-for-leaving-bears-loss-with-knee-injury/1. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Dolphins ship WR Marshall to Bears in blockbuster trade". National Football League. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82791ddb/article/dolphins-ship-wr-marshall-to-bears-in-blockbuster-trade. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Wayne Drehs: Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is feeling the love - ESPN Chicago". ESPN. 2009-05-21. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=drehs_wayne&id=4192431. Retrieved 2012-10-29.