||This article needs to be wikified. (October 2011)|
The Jiroft Civilization (Persian: تمدن جيرفت) is a proposed Early Bronze Age civilization of Sistan, Iran (fl. ca. 26th century BC). It was proposed by Yousef Madjidzadeh in 2003 because of archaeological artefacts confiscated by Iranian authorities. White Muscarella (2005) expresses serious doubt in the accuracy of the "Jiroft Civilization" as an archaeological entity. The Jiroft site itself is of undisputed notability as a mid-3rd millennium city situated between the Elamite civilization to the west and the Indus Valley civilization to the east.
- Saudi Aramco World report
- "New studies show Jiroft was ancient trade link"
- about Iran civilizations
- Jiroft Inscription, Oldest Evidence of Written Language
- New Discoveries in Jiroft May Change History of Civilization
- Jiroft was an international trade center 5000 years ago
- See the fantastic Jiroft objects