From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1950 he founded "The Coat of Arms" which is the journal of the Heraldry Society of England. 50 years later, for its Golden Jubilee the society published a collection of essays called Tribute to an Armorist in his honour.
Heraldic Posts[change | edit source]
Private[change | edit source]
- Chairman, Heraldry Society 1947-97,
- President 1997-2006
Official[change | edit source]
- Gold Staff Officer, Coronation 1953
- Bluemantle Pursuivant 1956-67,
- Richmond Herald, 1967-80,
- Norroy and Ulster King of Arms, 1980-95,
- Clarenceux King of Arms, 1995-97
- Registrar, College of Arms 1974-82
- Treasurer, 1978-95
References[change | edit source]
- John Campbell-Kease, Ed. Tribute to an Armorist: Essays for John Brooke-Little to Mark the Golden Jubilee of 'The Coat of Arms' . (London: The Heraldry Society, 2000).