|37th United States Secretary of Commerce|
October 21, 2011
|Deputy||Rebecca Blank (Acting)|
|Preceded by||Rebecca Blank (Acting)|
|Born||July 24, 1943
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Stanford University
John E. Bryson (born July 24, 1943) is an American politician. He is the 37th Secretary of Commerce. The Senate confirmed him by a 74–26 vote on October 20, 2011. He became Secretary on October 21, 2011. He is the former Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Edison International, the parent company of Southern California Edison.
- John E. Bryson 1943-, Reference for Business', Encyclopedia of Business 2nd edition
- "Meet Your New Commerce Secretary". whitehouse.gov. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/10/21/meet-your-new-commerce-secretary. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
Other websites [change]
- Profile at Bloomberg Businessweek
- Profile at Forbes
- Profile at The Walt Disney Company
- Works by or about John Bryson in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- John Bryson is the Right Man at the Right Time to Lead Commerce Department, Frances Beinecke, President of NRDC, May 31, 2011