|Ring name(s)||Kototenta, Kototenzan (in sumo)
|Billed height||2.01 m (6 ft 7 in)|
|Billed weight||468 lb (212 kg)|
|Born||June 22, 1963
Surrey, British Columbia
|Died||June 7, 2006 (aged 42)
|Billed from||Vancouver, British Columbia(as Earthquake)
Mount Everett, Washington (as Avalanche)
Great Barrier Reef (as Shark)
|Trained by||Giant Baba
John Anthony Tenta (June 22, 1963 – June 7, 2006) was a Canadian professional wrestler who is best known for wrestling with WWF under the ring names, Earthquake and Golga and World Championship Wrestling (WCW) under the ring names, Avalanche and The Shark. He was also known for being a sumo wrestler where did quite well but retired from the sport due to the difficulty of the sumo lifestyle, the toll the hard ring surface was taking on his body and the large tattoo of a tiger on his left biceps which in Japan is associated with gangsters. He was born on June 22, 1963 in Surrey, British Columbia and died on June 7, 2006 in Sanford, Florida from bladder cancer.
Tenta held many championships during his professional wrestling career:
- All Star Wrestling
- UWA Heavyweight Championship (Vancouver version) (two times)
- NWA All-Star Wrestling
- NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship (Vancouver version) (one time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year in 1990.
- Super World of Sports
- SWS Tag Team Championship (one time) with Typhoon
- Tokyo Sports Grand Prix
- Rookie of the Year in 1987.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards