From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whitehead joined the British Foreign Service in 1955.
He was Ambassador from the United Kingdom to Japan (1986 - 1992).
He became Chairman of Deutsche Morgan Grenfell Trust Bank (Japan).
- Order of St Michael and St George, Knight Commander (KCMG)
- Order of St Michael and St George, Knight Grand Cross (GCMB)
- Royal Victorian Order, Commander (CVO)
- Order of the Rising Sun, Grand Cordon, 2006
- "Whitehead, Sir John Stainton, GCMG., CVO., MA; BA," International Year Book and Statesmen's Who's Who including Who's Who in Public International Law; retrieved 2012-9-15.
- Embassy of Japan in the UK, "The Japanese Government honours Sir John Whitehead," May 1, 2006; retrieved 2012-9-15.
- Japaninvest Group, John Whitehead; retrieved 2012-9-15.