José Luís Peixoto
José Luís Peixoto (born 4 September 1974, in Galveias, Portalegre, Portugal), is a Portuguese writer. His novels that are in English are Blank Gaze (UK title)/The Implacable Order of Things (US title) and The Piano Cemetery.
His works have been published in France, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey, Finland, Holland, Spain (Spanish and Catalan), Czech Republic, Croatia, Belarus, Brazil, United States, United Kingdom, and Hungary. His novels have been translated in a total of 20 languages.
Published works[change | edit source]
Fiction[change | edit source]
- 2000 - Morreste-me (fiction, narrative)
- 2000 - Nenhum Olhar (novel)
- 2002 - Uma Casa na Escuridão (novel)
- 2003 - Antidoto (fiction, narrative)
- 2006 - Cemitério de Pianos (novel)
- 2008 - Cal (fiction, narrative)
- 2010 - Livro (novel)
- 2011 - Abraço (memoir, narrative)
Poetry[change | edit source]
- 2001 - A Criança em Ruínas
- 2002 - A Casa, a Escuridão
- 2008 - Gaveta de Papéis
Plays[change | edit source]
- 2005 - Anathema
- 2005 - À Manhã
- 2007 - "Quando o Inverno Chegar"
Columns[change | edit source]
- Writes a regular column in the Portuguese cultural newspaper "Jornal de Letras" and in the Portuguese weekly magazine Visão.
Lyrics[change | edit source]
Literary Prizes[change | edit source]
- Prémio Jovens Criadores, Instituto Português da Juventude in 1997, 1998 and 2000
- Prémio José Saramago, from "Fundação Círculo de Leitores", 2001.
- Prémio de Poesia Daniel Faria, 2008
- Prémio Cálamo Outra Mirada, 2008
References[change | edit source]
- "José Luís Peixoto". http://joseluispeixoto.blogs.sapo.pt/tag/biografia. Retrieved 13 February 2013.