From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Kofun period (古墳時代 Kofun jidai ) is a time in the history of Japan from around 250 to about 538. This grouping of years is named after the type of Imperial burial mounds which were raised in central Japan.
- 416: The earliest recorded earthquake in Japan destroyed the Imperial Palace in Kyoto.
- 593: Prince Shotoku is regent
- 607: First ambassadors from Japan are sent to China
Other pages [change]
Other websites [change]
- Media related to Kofun period at Wikimedia Commons
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, Kofun period
- British Museum, Kofun period
- Japan-guide.com, Early Japan