Korean Grand Prix
|Korean International Circuit|
|Circuit length||5.621 km (3.49 mi)|
|Race length||309.155 km (192.1 mi)|
|Last race (2010):|
|Pole position|| Sebastian Vettel
|Podium||1. Fernando Alonso
2h 48m 20.81s
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Felipe Massa
|Fastest lap|| Fernando Alonso
The Korean Grand Prix is a planned Formula One race to be held in South Korea. On 2 October 2006 it was announced that the event would take place in 2010. The race would be hosted by the Korean International Circuit. The circuit was to be built between 2007 and July 2010. The Korean International Circuit has a seven year deal to host the race. After the seven years, they have an option to host the race for another five years.
After the approval of funding for the event, Korea was given the date of 17 October on the 2010 calendar published by the FIA. On 10 December 2009, the organisers of the event announced that they were on schedule. They plan to be finished with the circuit on 5 July 2010. They admitted their largest problem is finding accommodations for all of the Formula One staff and spectators. Despite the confirmation, there is still a chance that the circuit might not be ready on time. The race promoter said that the circuit was ahead of schedule.
Winners[change | change source]
|2010||Fernando Alonso ||Ferrari||Korean International Circuit|
References[change | change source]
- "Korean Grand Prix set for 2010". manipef1.com. 2006-10-02. http://www.manipef1.com/news/articles/3060/.
- Noble, Jonathan (2009-09-18). "South Korea still pushing for 2010 race". autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78700. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Elizalde, Pablo (2009-09-21). "FIA announces 19-race 2010 calendar". autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78775. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- Noble, Jonathan (2009-12-10). "Korean GP preparations on target". Autosport.com. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80516. Retrieved 2009-12-11.
- Elizalde, Pablo (2010-04-12). "Korean GP in danger of being called off". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82834.
- "Promoter says Korean track on schedule". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. 2010-04-12. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82838.
- "Korean F1 Grand Prix given go-ahead after inspection". news.bbc.co.uk. BBC. 2010-10-12. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9081589.stm. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "Korean Grand Prix Overview". grandprix.com. Inside F1, Inc.. 2010-10-25. http://www.grandprix.com/f12010/overview.html. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
Other websites[change | change source]