Wind power: worldwide installed capacity 
This is a list of large wind farms, with a generating capacity of 100 megawatts (MW) or more, which are currently operating, under construction, or proposed.
At the end of 2009, worldwide wind farm capacity was 157,900 MW, representing an increase of 31 percent during the year, and wind power supplied some 1.3% of global electricity consumption.
Wind power is widely used in European countries, and more recently in the United States and Asia. Wind power accounts for approximately 19% of electricity generation in Denmark, 11% in Spain and Portugal, and 9% in the Republic of Ireland.
Many of the largest onshore wind farms are in the USA. As of January 2014, the Alta Wind Energy Center is the largest onshore wind farm in the world at 1,020 MW.
Many of the largest offshore wind farms are in Europe. As of January 2014, the London Array is the largest offshore wind farm in the world at 630 MW.
- ↑ GWEC, Global Wind Report Annual Market Update
- ↑ Lars Kroldrup. Gains in Global Wind Capacity Reported Green Inc., February 15, 2010.
- ↑ World Wind Energy Association (2008). Wind turbines generate more than 1 % of the global electricity
- ↑ Global wind energy markets continue to boom – 2006 another record year (PDF).
- ↑ Global Wind Energy Council (2009). Global Wind 2008 Report, p. 9, accessed on January 4, 2010.
- ↑ International Energy Agency (2009). IEA Wind Energy: Annual Report 2008 p. 9.
- ↑ California U.S. Wind Energy Projects - California, Alta Wind Energy Center, 2009
- ↑  Industry Statistics, 2Q 2011
- ↑ , Shepherd Flat, one of the world's biggest wind farms, up and running in Oregon, 2012
- ↑ E.ON Delivers 335-MW of Wind in Texas
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Drilling Down: What Projects Made 2008 Such a Banner Year for Wind Power?
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Texas
- ↑ CEZ: Fantanele-Cogealac Wind Park
- ↑ AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Indiana
- ↑ Babcock & Brown and BP Announce Full Commercial Operation of one of the Largest Wind Farms in the U.S.
- ↑ London Array Project home page
- ↑ "UK: Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm Generates Power". http://www.offshorewind.biz/2012/09/07/uk-greater-gabbard-offshore-wind-farm-generates-power/. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- ↑ Anholf Offshore wind farm in 4C Offshore Retrieved 2013-08-27
- ↑ German Federal Minister Inaugurates BARD Offshore 1 Retrieved 2013-08-26
- ↑ "UK: Walney Offshore Wind Farm Fully Operational". 2012-06-14. http://www.offshorewind.biz/2012/06/14/uk-walney-offshore-wind-farm-fully-operational/. Retrieved 2012-06-15.