List of large wind farms
This is a list of large wind farms, with a generating capacity of 100 megawatts (MW) or more, which are currently operating, under construction, or proposed.
Wind power is widely used in European countries, and more recently in the United States and Asia. Wind power accounts for approximately 19% of electricity generation in Denmark, 11% in Spain and Portugal, and 9% in the Republic of Ireland.
Operational wind farms[change | edit source]
Many of the largest operational onshore wind farms are in the USA. As of November 2010, the Roscoe Wind Farm is the largest onshore wind farm in the world at 781.5 MW, followed by the Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center (735.5 MW). The largest wind farm under construction is the 800 MW Alta Wind Energy Center in the USA. The largest proposed project is the 20,000 MW Gansu Wind Farm in China.
|Biglow Canyon Wind Farm||450||USA|||
|Buffalo Gap Wind Farm||523.3||USA|||
|Capricorn Ridge Wind Farm||662.5||USA|||
|Dabancheng Wind Farm||500||China|||
|Fowler Ridge Wind Farm||599.8||USA|||
|Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center||735.5||USA|||
|Panther Creek Wind Farm||458||USA|||
|Roscoe Wind Farm||781.5||USA|||
|Sweetwater Wind Farm||585.3||USA|||
Other pages[change | edit source]
- List of renewable energy topics
- Wind power in Denmark
- Wind power in Germany
- Wind power in South Australia
- Wind power in Texas
- Wind power in the United States
- Clyde Wind Farm
- Markbygden Wind Farm
- Gwynt y Môr Wind Farm
Notes[change | edit source]
- GWEC, Global Wind Report Annual Market Update
- Lars Kroldrup. Gains in Global Wind Capacity Reported Green Inc., February 15, 2010.
- World Wind Energy Association (2008). Wind turbines generate more than 1 % of the global electricity
- Global wind energy markets continue to boom – 2006 another record year (PDF).
- Global Wind Energy Council (2009). Global Wind 2008 Report, p. 9, accessed on January 4, 2010.
- International Energy Agency (2009). IEA Wind Energy: Annual Report 2008 p. 9.
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Oregon
- Drilling Down: What Projects Made 2008 Such a Banner Year for Wind Power?
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Texas
- China - Dabancheng Wind Farm now has a combined generating capacity of 500 MW
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Indiana
- E.ON Delivers 335-MW of Wind in Texas