|Paradigm(s)||Multi-paradigm: scripting, imperative (procedural, prototype-based object-oriented), functional|
|Designed by||Roberto Ierusalimschy
Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
|Stable release||5.2.3 / December 7, 2013|
|Typing discipline||dynamic, strong, duck|
|Major implementations||Lua, LuaJIT, LLVM-Lua, Lua Alchemy|
|Dialects||Metalua, Idle, GSL Shell|
|Influenced by||C++, CLU, Modula, Scheme, SNOBOL|
|Influenced||Io, GameMonkey, Squirrel, Falcon, MiniD|
Example[change | change source]
An example Hello World program in Lua:
#!/usr/bin/lua print("Hello World!")
An example of setting a value, then printing it:
#!/usr/bin/lua a = "Hello World!" print(a)
References[change | change source]
- "Lua: About". Lua.org. http://www.lua.org/about.html. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- Ierusalimschy, R.; Figueiredo, L. H.; Celes, W. (2007). "The evolution of Lua". Proc. of ACM HOPL III. pp. 2–1–2–26. doi:10.1145/1238844.1238846. ISBN 978-1-59593-766-X. http://www.lua.org/doc/hopl.pdf.
- "Lua: version history". Lua.org. http://www.lua.org/versions.html. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Lua: license". Lua.org. http://www.lua.org/license.html. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "Lua Uses". lua-users wiki. http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaUses. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Apple relaxes iOS SDK terms to allow Lua but block Flash". AppleInsider. 11 June 2010. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/11/apple_relaxes_ios_sdk_to_allow_lua_but_block_flash.html. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "TIOBE Programming Community Index for June 2011". TIOBE Software. June 2011. http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html. Retrieved 11 June 2011.