From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Manchester can stand for:
- The city of Manchester and its country called Greater Manchester are large urban areas in England
- Manchester capitalism, Manchester liberalism and Manchesterism are names for schools of thought that originated in the city. John Stuart Mill and Adam Smith were important people following these.
- Manchester cloth, also known as Courduroy is a special type of cloth that originated in the city
- Manchester code is a code used in telecommunications. the code was originally developed at the university of Manchester.
- Manchester school (anthropology) is a school of thought in anthropology, also originating from Manchester university
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.