|Nickname(s): Choti Kashi, Varanasi Of Hills|
|Founded by||Ajbar Sen|
|• Body||Municipal Council of Mandi|
|• Deputy Commissioner||Sh. Devesh Kumar, IAS|
|• Superintendent of police||Sh. Abhishek Dular, IPS|
|• Total||23 km2 (9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,044 m (3,425 ft)|
|• Total||62,624 (2,011)|
|• Density||5,446/km2 (14,110/sq mi)|
|• Ethnic groups||Mandyali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1000/1013 ♂/♀ (2nd in HP)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mandi (Lok Sabha Constituency)|
|Planning agency||Town and Country Planning Department, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Civic agency||Municipal Council of Mandi|
|Present King||HH Raja Ashokpal Sen|
|Precipitation||1,380 millimetres (54 in)|
|Avg. annual temperature||23 °C (73 °F)|
† The Mandi Planning area also includes some portions of Mandi District.
Mandi (//) is a major city in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the capital of the Mandi District. It was formerly called Mandav Nagar, and is also known as Sahor. It is located 153 kilometres (95 mi) north of state capital, Shimla. It is in the north-west Himalayas. The average altitude is about 1,044 metres (3,425 ft),
References[change | edit source]
- Mandi Planning Area in Hectares. http://himachal.nic.in/tcp/DPMandi.pdf.
- Gazetteer of the Mandi State. p. 21. http://books.google.co.in/books?id=ayax2ry18q8C&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21&dq=mandi+old+name&source=bl&ots=q4TvIfnkd-&sig=Nvfj7T5yAVSZNyCMjVUZd8YXchE&hl=en&ei=Iw3aTozxEJGrrAeolaH2DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CFIQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=mandi%20old%20name&f=false.
- All About the Mandi City. http://www.mustseeindia.com/Mandi.
- "Tibetan People used to call Mandi earlier "Sahor(Zahor)"". http://www.tripwolf.com/en/guide/show/709560/India/Kinnaur-and-Spiti/Mandi-Sahor.
- "Distance of Shimla from Mandi by Road". http://hpshimla.nic.in/sml_access.htm.
- "Geography of Mandi". http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/institute/geography.html.