From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A mechanician is an engineer or a scientist working in the field of mechanics, or in engineering, applied mechanics and similar fields. Sometimes mechanicians are also called mechaniker and mechanicist.
People who made lasting contributions to mechanics more than 100 years ago[change | edit source]
- Guillaume Amontons: laws of friction
- Galileo Galilei: notion of strength.
- Josiah Willard Gibbs: thermodynamics
- Heinrich Rudolf Hertz: contact mechanics
- Issac Newton: Newton's laws, law of gravitation
Other pages[change | edit source]
Other websites[change | edit source]
- iMechanica, news and views of interest to mechanicians and their friends.
- Homepage of the ASME International Applied Mechanics Division
- Mathematics Geneaology Project
- Mechanician Career Description
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics archive