Metropolis (1927) is a silent science fiction movie. It was written and directed by Fritz Lang. It was made in Germany. It was the most expensive silent movie of the time. The movie is set in 2026 in a city-state called Metropolis. People have been divided into two groups. One group is the thinkers. They live on the Earth in luxury. The other group is the workers. They work underground. They make the life of the thinkers possible. The movie features special effects and set design. Lang took his inspiration for the sets from Manhattan. The movie opened in Germany in January 1927. It opened in the United States in March 1927. The American print is the only surviving copy.
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Metropolis (film)|
- Metropolis: A Film Far Ahead of its Time
- The official site of the new restoration
- About restoring 'Metropolis'
- Metropolis novelization by Thea von Harbou
- Metropolis at the UNESCO Memory of the World register
- Metropolis at the Internet Movie Database
- Metropolis at the Open Directory Project
- Metropolis at MetaCritic
- Metropolis at Rotten Tomatoes