|Founder(s)||Gerald M. Steinberg|
|Key people||Gerald M. Steinberg (President)|
|Mission||"to generate and distribute critical analysis and reports on the output of the international NGO community "|
|Revenue||US$ 385,000 (2008)|
|Motto||Making NGOs Accountable|
NGO Monitor (Non-governmental Organization Monitor) is a non-governmental organization based in Jerusalem, Israel. NGO Monitor produces and distributes statements and information about the international NGO community, all of which are carefully and fully checked out. This information is used by government policy makers, journalists, charity and philanthropic organizations and the general public.
NGO Monitor is an independent organization, started in 2001, but only registered in 2007.
NGO Monitor has an online directory of NGOs from around the world, which generally includes a description, a quote from the organization itself, who gives money to it, and relevant quotes from publications and officials.
- "About NGO Monitor". NGO Monitor. http://www.ngo-monitor.org/articles.php?type=about.
- "2008 Annual Report". NGO Monitor. 2008. http://www.ngo-monitor.org/data/images/File/annual_report_web2008.pdf. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- Directory of Non Governmental Agencies Alphabetical by Country
Other websites [change]
- NGO Monitor slams German agency for Durban II coverage by Benjamin Weinthal, The Jerusalem Post, February 25, 2010
- NGO Monitor turns to EU court for transparency by Dan Izenberg, The Jerusalem Post, January 21, 2010
- Right of Reply: Who's afraid of NGO Monitor? byh Naftali Balanson, The Jerusalem Post, December 2, 2009
- Israel, Aid Groups Have Long Feuded By Craig Whitlock, Washington Post Foreign Service, January 14, 2009