nUbuntu or Network Ubuntu is a project to take the existing Ubuntu operating system and remaster it as a Live CD and Full Install with tools needed for penetration testing servers and networks. The main idea is to keep Ubuntu's ease of use and mix it with popular penetration testing tools. Besides usage for network and server testing, nUbuntu will be made to be a desktop distribution for advanced Linux users.
nUbuntu uses the light window manager Fluxbox.
It includes some of the most used security programs for Linux, such as Wireshark, nmap, dSniff, and Ettercap.
- 2005-12-18 - nUbuntu Project is born, developers release Testing 1
- 2006-01-16 - nUbuntu Live developers release Stable 1
- 2006-06-26 - nUbuntu Live developers release version 6.06
- 2006-10-16 - nUbuntu featured in Hacker Japan, a Japanese hacker magazine
- 2007-12-31 - nUbuntu developer TomB retires from project, Brendan Almonte takes over
- 2008-07-16 - nUbuntu Live developers release version 8.04 Alpha
Below is a list of previous and current releases.
Other websites [change]