Jacqueline Nancy Mary Adams (Born: 19 May 1926; Died: 27 March 2007) was a New Zealand botanist. She studied zoology and botany at Wellington Girls’ College and Victoria University of Wellington. Her detailed and delicate algae illustrations got international attention. Her awards include the Loder Cup in 1964, the Queen's Service Order and the Commemoration Medal.
Books[change | change source]
- Mountain Flowers in New Zealand, 1980
- Wild Flowers in New Zealand, 1980
- Seaweeds of New Zealand:An illustrated guide, 1994
References[change | change source]
- New Zealand Garden Journal (2007). "Obituary". http://www.rnzih.org.nz/RNZIH_Journal/Pages_25-26_from_2007_Vol10_No1.pdf. Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- Haines, Catharine (2001). International women in science: a biographical dictionary to 1950. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO. pp. 2. . http://books.google.com/books?id=HftdjMNDvwIC&lpg=PA2&ots=cfXuNgS2d-&dq=madge%20adam%20oxford&pg=PA2#v=onepage&q=madge%20adam%20oxford&f=false.
- Brummitt, R. K.; C. E. Powell (1992). Authors of Plant Names. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. .