Nantes is a city in France on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. It is at the south western end of Brittany but it is in the Pays de la Loire region. Nantes has always seen itself as belonging to the (historical) region of Brittany. At the moment, it is the capital of Loire Atlantique, which is not part of the (administrative) region of Brittany. Furthermore, the Gallo language was historically spoken more than Breton in Nantes. Opposed to Breton that is a Celtic language, Gallo is a roman language, derivated from the ancient languages of Oïl spoken in Northern France. Nantes has about 280,000 inhabitants and a metropolitan area of about 550,000 people. Jules Verne was a famous citizen of Nantes.
- École pour l'informatique et les nouvelles technologies
- Institut supérieur européen de gestion group
- Institut supérieur européen de formation par l'action
Twin towns [change]
Nantes has town twinning and cooperation agreements with:
Friendship relations [change]
The city has friendship relations with:
- Guinea, since 1992.
- St. Martinville, Louisiana, U.S., since 1993.
- Jericho, West Bank, since 2001.
- Desdunes and Petionville, Haiti, since 2005.
- Nantes, Quebec, Canada, since 2009.
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Nantes|