|Time zone:||EET/EEST (UTC+2/3)|
|Elevation (center):||330 - 450 m (-1,146 ft)|
|Population statistics (as of 2001)|
|- Area:||424.9 km² (164 sq mi)|
|- Density:||81 /km² (210 /sq mi)|
Naousa, former Naoussa, is a city in the region of Macedonia in Greece. It is in the west part of Imathia prefecture. Its population is 22.288 inhabitants and its area is 300,89 km². Naousa is surrounded by orchards, producing peaches, apples, cherries and other fruits. It has a long and rich history because there are many archaeological places there. There is also the site of the ancient School of Aristotle where Alexander The Great studied moral philosophy, philosophy and politics.
Notable people [change]
- Anastasios Michail (17th century-1722), theologian
- Zisis Karademos(17th century-1705), armatolos, led a rebellion
- Zafeirakis Theodosiou (18th century-1822), political leader
- Apostolos Giannou Footballer
- PDF "(875 KB) 2001 Census" (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece (ΕΣΥΕ). www.statistics.gr. http://www.statistics.gr/gr_tables/S1101_SAP_1_TB_DC_01_03_Y.pdf PDF. Retrieved 2007-10-30.