|Formed||1 October 2006|
|Annual budget||£199 million (2012)|
|Agency executives||Mr Poul Christensen, Chair
Dave Webster, Interim Chief Executive
|Parent agency||Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs|
Natural England is the quango responsible for protecting and preserving England's natural environment. This includes the land, flora and fauna, freshwater and marine environments, geology and soils. It also has a responsibility to help people enjoy, understand and access the natural environment.
Natural England work aims for:
- a healthy natural environment
- enjoyment of the natural environment
- sustainable use of the natural environment
- a secure environmental future
Note[change | edit source]
- "Annual Report and Accounts 1 April 2011 to 31 March 2012". Natural England. ISBN 9780102976533. http://publications.naturalengland.org.uk/file/1746825. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Dave Webster to continue as Natural England's interim Chief Executive". Natural England. 31 May 2012. http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/about_us/news/2012/310512a.aspx. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- non-departmental public body of the British government