|Origin||Denton, Texas, U.S.|
|Genres||Indie pop, synthpop, chillwave, New Wave, noise pop|
|Labels||Fader, Static Tongues, Lefse Records, Arts & Crafts México|
|Website||Neon Indian on MySpace|
The band's first album was Psychic Chasms. It had many favorable reviews. It was named Best New Music and 14th best album of 2009 by Pitchfork Media. The Rolling Stone magazine called Neon Indian one of the hottest new bands of 2010.
On February 11, 2010, Neon Indian was on national television for the first time. They played on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Discography[change | edit source]
Albums[change | edit source]
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2010||Mind Ctrl: Psychic Chasms Possessed
Singles[change | edit source]
- 2009: "Deadbeat Summer" (2009 Top 20 Underground/Indie Pop Charts)"
- 2010: "6669 (I Don't Know If You Know)" (Indie/Underground radio airplay - January 2010)
- 2010: "Sleep Paralysist" ** (March 2010)
- 2011: "Fall Out" (July–August 2011)
- 2011: "Polish Girl" (August 2011)
- 2012: "Hex Girlfriend" (March 2012)
** (This single was written and recorded with Chris Taylor from Grizzly Bear for Mountain Dew's Green Label Sound Series)
References[change | edit source]
- Watch: Neon Indian Claims Denton During An Interview at the Pitchfork Music Festival
- Marc Hogan (December 17, 2009). "The Top 50 Albums of 2009". Pitchfork. http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/7744-the-top-50-albums-of-2009/4/. Retrieved 2011-05-28. "14. Neon Indian -- This brilliance of Alan Palomo's skeletal soul-pop is found in its atmosphere."
- Best New Bands of 2010: Free Energy, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Five More
- "Chart Stats - Neon Indian". allmusic.com. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/neon-indian-p1169212/charts-awards. Retrieved 2011-12-05.