Netball is a sport played in two teams of seven. It is like basketball except that bouncing the ball is not allowed, and the player cannot step with the ball either. There are 7 fixed positions on the court:
- C - Centre
- WA - Wing attack
- WD - Wing defence
- GD - Goal defence
- GK - Goal keeper
- GS - Goal shooter
- GA - Goal attack
There are many rules in netball some of which are;
- If a shooter attempts to shoot the ball but misses the hoop without it touching, then the shooter must wait until another player touches the ball first or until the ball bounces before she can touch the ball again.
- A player can only hold the ball for three seconds - held ball
- No stepping with the ball - stepping
- When defending, a player must be 3 feet from the player with the ball - obstruction
- A player may not bounce the ball to herself - replay
- A player may not contact another player - contact
- A player may not enter a part of the court where his position is not allowed - offside
- When shooting or defending, a player may not use the pole as support - free pass to the other teams.
Netball is alike with basketball but your not aloud to run a when the ball is in your hands.