From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Newton (disambiguation))
- 1 Physics
- 2 People
- 3 Fictional Characters
- 4 Objects
- 5 Computation
- 6 Places
- 7 Alternate Spellings: Newtown, New Town, Newtonville et al.
Physics[change | edit source]
- A newton (Unit), the SI unit of force (named in honor of Sir Isaac Newton).
- Newton scale, a temperature scale devised by Isaac Newton.
- Newtonian mechanics.
People[change | edit source]
Newton was the name of some famous people:
- Sir Isaac Newton, a famous English physicist.
- Huey P. Newton, founder of the Black Panther Party.
- John Newton, British slave trader-turned-hymnwriter and anti-slavery campaigner.
- John Newton (ACW), American Civil War general and Chief Engineer of the US Army.
- Juice Newton, American singer.
- Keith Newton, English footballer.
- Thandie Newton, British actress.
- Wayne Newton, American singer and entertainer.
- Bert Newton, Australian television personality
- Patti Newton, Bert Newton's wife
- Matthew Newton, Bert Newton's son.
- Nate Newton, former NFL offensive lineman
- Lauren Newton, Bert Newton's daughter
- Helmut Newton, a German photographer
- Olivia Newton-John, pop-icon and singer-actress of the 70s and 80s
- Newton, Australian pop artist musician, famous for his song, Streamline
- Frances Newton, American convicted murderer from Texas
- Syvelle Newton, a college football player
- Chris Newton, youth golfer, skier, and philosopher
- Newton (Billy Myers), a singer from the UK best known for the hit "Sky high"
Fictional Characters[change | edit source]
- Newton, the Centaur in The Mighty Hercules Cartoon.
Objects[change | edit source]
- XMM-Newton, an orbiting X-ray observatory (named in honor of Sir Isaac Newton).
- Apple Newton, a brand of personal digital assistant.
- Fig Newton, a fruit-filled cookie.
Computation[change | edit source]
Places[change | edit source]
Newton is also the name of several places:
Australia[change | edit source]
New Zealand[change | edit source]
Singapore[change | edit source]
United Kingdom[change | edit source]
- The Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Newton, Bridgend county borough, Wales
- Newton, Cambridgeshire, England
- Newton, Cheshire, England
- Newton, Herefordshire, England
- Newton, Lancashire, England
- Newton, Suffolk, England
- Newton, Swansea, Wales
- Newton, near Rugby, Warwickshire,
- Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside known as Newton to locals
- Newton-le-Willows, North Yorkshire, England
- Newton under Roseberry, North Yorkshire
United States[change | edit source]
- Newton (wine estate), the Californian wine estate partially owned by LVMH.
- Newton, Alabama
- Newton, Georgia
- Newton, Illinois
- Newton, Iowa
- Newton, Kansas
- Newton, Massachusetts
- Newton, Mississippi
- Newton, New Hampshire
- Newton, New Jersey
- Newton, North Carolina
- Newton, Texas
- Newton, Utah
- Newton, Wisconsin
- Newton Township, Michigan
- Newton County, Georgia
Places with Newton as part of their name[change | edit source]
- Archdeacon Newton, County Durham, England
- Newton Abbot, Devon, England
- Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, England
- Newton Blossomville, Buckinghamshire, England
- Newton Falls, Ohio
- Newton Food Centre, Singapore
- Newton Grove, North Carolina
- Newton Longville, Buckinghamshire, England
- Newton MRT Station, Singapore
- Newton Town Centre, a town center in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Newton Mearns, Scotland
- Newton Stewart, Scotland
- There are two impact craters named Newton:
Alternate Spellings: Newtown, New Town, Newtonville et al.[change | edit source]
[change | edit source]
Other pages[change | edit source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.