From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nicholas is a male first name. The name is derived from the Greek name “Nikólaos” and is developed out nikáo “triumphs” and laós “people”. After the Greek word use the name can mean both “winner of the people” and “winner over the people”.
People named Nicholas [change]
Saints with the name [change]
- Nicholas of Myra, bishop of Myra, in the 4th century. Commonly known as Saint Nicholas. Santa Claus is modelled on him.
- Nicholas of Flüe
- Nicholas of Japan
Popes and Antipopes [change]
- Pope Nicholas I
- Pope Nicholas II
- Pope Nicholas III
- Pope Nicholas IV
- Pope Nicholas V
- Antipope Nicholas V
- Patriarch Nicholas I of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas II of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas III of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas IV of Constantinople
Other people [change]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.