From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|French Navy Nord N-262E.|
|Role||Civil and military aircraft|
|Manufacturer||Société Nationale de Construction Aéronautique du Nord|
|Status||Out of service|
|Primary user||French Air Force|
|Produced||Out of order|
The Nord N-262 is a civilian and military aircraft. It was a twin-turboprop. It was built by Société Nationale de Construction Aéronautique du Nord, also known as Nord. It was built in all-metal. It flown for the first time in 1962.
Variants[change | change source]
Civilians variants[change | change source]
- N-262 : Initial production variant.
- N-262B : Variant produced for french airline Air Inter.
- N-262C : Variant of N-262 with more powerful turboprops and greater wing.
- Mohawk 298 : Variant built in USA.
Military variants[change | change source]
- N-262C : Transport variant for the Armée de l'Air.
- N-262E : Training and maritime patrol variant for French Navy.
Military users[change | change source]
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Moeng, Sophearith (1998). Vital guide to military Aircraft. Airlife publishing.
- Frawley, Gerard (2002). The international directory of military aircraft. Airtime publishing.
- (French) Sciacco, Gaëtan (2001). La passion de la conquête, d'Aérospatiale à EADS. Les éditions du chêne.