|State of Oaxaca|
|• Governor||Ulises Ruiz Ortiz (PRI)|
|• Federal Deputies||PRD: 7
|• Federal Senators||PRI: 1
|• Total||93,952 km2 (36,275 sq mi)|
|• Total||3,506,821 (Ranked 10th)|
|• Density||37/km2 (100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|HDI (2004)||0.7164 - medium
Oaxaca is the name of one of the States in Mexico. It is also the name of the capital of that state. This article is about the state, the city can be found at Oaxaca de Juárez. Oaxaca is next to Guerrero, Puebla, Veracruz de Ignacio de la Llave, and Chiapas. About 3.5 million people live there. The Zapotec and the Mixtec people live in the state. There are more speakers of indigenous languages in this state than in any other state of Mexico.
- Schmal, John (2004). "The Hispanic Experience - Indigenous Identity in Mexico". Houston Institute for Culture. http://www.houstonculture.org/hispanic/census.html. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Category:Oaxaca|
- Music and Dance of the State of Oaxaca
- (Spanish) Official site of the Popular Assembly of the People of Oaxaca
- (English) (Spanish) Keep up-to-date on the revolution
- (Spanish) Official site of the State Government
- (Spanish) (English) Oaxaca's Tourist Guide
- Oaxaca Times
- Go Oaxaca
- Mexican and Central American Archaeological Projects - Electronic articles published by the Division of Anthropology, American Museum of Natural History.
- Events Calendar of Oaxaca