The Ohio River is the one of the most important tributaries to the Mississippi River. It is 981 miles long. It forms boundaries for the states of Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, and West Virginia before finally going to its headwaters in Pennsylvania. It is its widest a little to the left of downtown Louisville, where it is one mile wide. Cities on the Ohio River include Paducah, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The river begins in Pittsburgh. The Wabash, Kentucky and the Tennessee Rivers flow into the Ohio.
Other websites [change]
- Historic Ohio, the magazine
- Ohio Historical Preservation Group
- Ohio River Valley Families Online Searchable Database, a genealogy resource
- Image at the confluence with the Mississippi River
- Watershed information
- Ohio River Forecast Center, which issues official river forecasts for the Ohio River and its tributaries