Old Earth creationism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old Earth creationism is a term that covers many different types of creationism.
- Some old Earth creationists believe God did each act of creation in a day but there were long breaks between each act of creation.
- Other old Earth creationists believe days mentioned in Genesis are symbolic and really mean much longer time.
- Other old Earth creationists believe God created life gradually over thousands of millions of years.
- Other old Earth creationists believe God created life through theistic evolution.  Old Earth creationism typically agrees better with what scientists believe about physics, chemistry, geology and the age of the Earth, than Young Earth creationism. 
References[change | change source]
- Neyman, Greg (2011). "Theistic Evolution". Old Earth Ministries. http://oldearth.org/theistic_evolution.htm. Retrieved 24 April 2012. "Theistic Evolution means that God used the process of evolution to create life on earth."
- The Creation/Evolution Continuum, Eugenie Scott, NCSE Reports, v. 19, n. 4, p. 16-17, 23-25, July/August, 1999.