From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Order has many meanings (like a dictionary):
- Holy orders are the rites or sacraments in which priests are ordained.
- Monastic order refers to a group of people that live together, and share some ideals.
Legal and military [change]
- Court order, made by a judge
- Executive order, issued by the executive branch of government
- General order, a published directive from a commander
- Standing order, a general order of unset duration, and similar ongoing rules in a parliament
- Direct order
In scientific classification [change]
- Order (biology), a rank between class and family, or a taxon at that rank
- Social order, a concept used in sociology, history and other social sciences
- Order (chemistry), a concept of chemical kinetics
In mathematics [change]
- Order (group theory), the cardinality of a group
- Order theory, a branch of mathematics that studies many different kinds of binary relations called orders
- Order (ring theory), a kind of an algebraic structure
- Orders of approximation, Big O notation
- Orders of magnitude, a class of scale or magnitude of any amount
- Order, or degree of a polynomial.
In computer science [change]
- Canonical order, the order of elements that follows a certain rules or specifications
In telecommunications [change]
- Modulation order, the number of different symbols that can be sent using a given modulation
- The opposite of chaos, disorder (in the sense of randomness), or entropy
- Collating order, sequence for text, such as alphabetical
- Order (business), an instruction from a customer to buy
- Order (exchange), customer's instruction to a stock broker
- Order (information processing), a measure of the number of objects or sub-systems in a system
- Order (organization), an organization of people united by a common fraternal bond or social aim.
- Architectonic orders
- Way of categorizing Electronic filters by steepness
- Way of categorizing the size of lighthouse Fresnel lenses
- "The Order"
- Order (food), a customer's choice of food at a restaurant or for delivery
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.