|Created by||Andy Hamilton
|Developed by||Hat Trick Productions|
|Directed by||Andy Hamilton
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||5|
|No. of episodes||29 (+ 5 shorts) (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jon Rolph|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||BBC One HD|
|Original run||28 August 2007– 5 March 2014|
Outnumbered is a British sitcom shown on BBC One. It began on 28 August 2007 and is partly improvised. It is about the Brockmans, a middle-class family of five who live in a house in suburban south London. Hugh Dennis plays the father, Pete, who is a history teacher. Claire Skinner plays the mother, Sue, who is a part-time personal assistant. Tyger Drew-Honey plays the elder son, Jake, whose main interest is teenage girls. Daniel Roche plays the younger son, Ben, who has attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Ramona Marquez plays the daughter, Karen, who is intelligent and asks a lot of questions.
Awards[change | change source]
The show was given the "British Comedy Guide Editors' Award" in The Comedy.co.uk Awards 2007 and the "Best Returning British TV Sitcom" in The Comedy.co.uk Awards 2008, beating Peep Show by six votes.
In 2009, it won the Royal Television Society Award for "Scripted Comedy", and two Broadcasting Press Guild Awards in the same year: "Best Comedy/Entertainment" and the "Writer's Award". Outnumbered also won 3 awards at the 2009 British Comedy Awards: Best Sitcom, Best British Comedy and Best Female Newcomer for Ramona Marquez.
References[change | change source]
- "News - Broadcast Awards 2008 shortlist revealed". British Sitcom Guide. 2007-12-10. http://www.sitcom.co.uk/news/news.php?story=000347. Retrieved 2007-12-11.
- "Broadcast Awards 2008 - Shortlist". Broadcast Awards. http://www2.broadcastnow.co.uk/awards/frames.asp?. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- "The Comedy.co.uk Awards 2007". British Comedy Guide. http://www.comedy.co.uk/awards/2007/.
- "The Comedy.co.uk Awards 2008". British Comedy Guide. http://www.comedy.co.uk/awards/2008/.
- "RTS Programme Awards winners 2009 in full". London: Guardian. 2009-03-18. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/18/rts-awards-winners. Retrieved 2009-03-18.
- "Broadcasting Press Guild award winners". London: Guardian. 2009-03-27. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/27/broadcasting-pres-guild-winners. Retrieved 2009-03-27.