From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Finland, June 16, 2007
|Birth name||Patricia Lee Smith|
|Also known as||Patti Smith Group|
|Born||December 30, 1946
|Origin||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Occupations||Singer, poet, artist|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, clarinet|
Patti Smith (born Patricia Lee Smith on December 30, 1946) is an American singer and poet. She was an important member of the punk rock music trend in the 1970s. Her first album Horses was produced by John Cale.
Works[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Patti Smith". Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 2007. http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/patti-smith/. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- "Patti Smith: Biography". The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll. Rolling Stone. 2001. http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/pattismith/biography. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- Johnstone, Nick (September 1997). Patti Smith: A Biography. Omnibus Press.
- Bockris, Victor (1999-09-14). Patti Smith: An Unauthorized Biography. Simon & Schuster.
- McNeil, Legs (2006-05-09). Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk. Grove Press.
- Stefanko, Frank (2006-10-24). Patti Smith: American Artist. Insight Editions.
- Tarr, Joe (2008-05-30). The Words and Music of Patti Smith. Praeger Publishers.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Patti Smith|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Patti Smith|
- Official website
- Patti Smith at MySpace
- Patti Smith at All Music Guide
- Patti Smith at the Internet Movie Database