||This page or section needs to be cleaned up. (December 2010)|
(l-r)A-chan, Kashiyuka and Nocchi at Rock in Japan Fes 2009.
|Genres||Electropop, dance, bubblegum pop|
Perfume (パフューム Pafyūmu ) is a Japanese female electropop group from Hiroshima, Japan. The members are Ayano Ōmoto, Yuka Kashino and Ayaka Nishiwaki. They started in 2001 and joined a major label in 2005. As of June 2009, the group has released nine major label singles to great success.
Since 2003, Perfume has been produced by Yasutaka Nakata, founder of the group Capsule and the Contemode label. The group's original sound changed to electronic, dance and pop music taking on Auto-Tune and electro house when they joined major label.
Profile[change | change source]
Yuka Kashino (Kashiyuka)
Blood type: A
Hobbies and favorite things: Ice cream, hair care, sparkling jewelry, photography, memorizing lines of commercials.
Ayano Omoto (Nocchi)
Blood type: A
Hobbies: Sleeping, watching TV and movies, reading books, making Misanga, aroma, photography, shopping
Special skills: Working hard and detailed, puzzles.
Ayaka Nishiwaki (A-chan)
Hobbies and favorite things: Flower pattern design, lace, sparkling things, mascara, pink pajamas
Special skills: Health and fitness enthusiast.
History[change | change source]
Perfume formed in 2000. In 2003 in Tokyo, they met someone who would become a crucial to their success - Capsule's Yasutaka Nakata, who is the main producer for them.
They released Linear Motor girl, which managed to chart on the oricon chart on September 21, 2005. Also they released two other singles, "Computer City" and "Electro World" in 2006. In 2008, They released "Polyrhythm", which Perfume is famous for. It reached #7 on oricon chart. In 2009, "One Room Disco" single released on the oricon chart.
Discography[change | change source]
These are some of Perfume's singles.
- 2002.03.21 OMAJINAI PERORI
- 2002.11.01 KARESHI BOSHUUCHUU
- 2003.08.06 sweet doughnut
- 2004.03.17 MONOKUROMU effect
- 2004.09.08 vitamin drop
- 2005.09.21 linear motor girl
- 2006.01.11 computer city
- 2006.06.28 electro world
- 2007.09.12 polyrhythm
- 2008.01.16 Baby cruising Love/macaroni
- 2008.07.09 love the world
- 2008.11.19 Dream Fighter
- 2009.03.25 oneroom disco
- 2010.04.14 Fushizen na girl/natural ni koishite
- 2010.08.11 VOICE
- 2010.11.10 Nee
- 2011.05.18 Laser beam - Kasuka na kaori
- 2011.11.02 Spice
- 2012.04.11 Spring of Life
- 2012.08.15 Spending all my time
- 2013.02.27 Mirai no Museum
- 2013.05.22 Magic of Love
- 2013.11.27 Sweet Refrain
References[change | change source]
- (Japanese) "Perfume - トップページ - TJC artists pages - Profile". Tokuma Japan Communications. http://www.tkma.co.jp/j_pop/perfume/. Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- "Perfume at Rock in Japan". The Japan Times. June 19, 2008. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fm20080619r4.html. Retrieved November 21, 2008.
- (Japanese) "Perfume Interview". bounce.com. 2008-02-07. http://www.bounce.com/article/article.php/4045/ALL/. Retrieved 2009-06-02.