From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Persian Empire)
Persia is another name for Iran, a country in Western Asia.
The Persian Empire (Persian: شاهنشاهی ایران - Shahanshahi-e Iran) is the name for a few empires, that ruled over modern-day Iran.
- Achaemenid Empire (550 BC – 330 BC), the first Persian Empire.
- Sassanid Empire (224 – 651 AD), the second Persian Empire.
- Persia (1501-1935) under Safavid dynasty, Afsharid dynasty, Zand dynasty, Qajar dynasty and Pahlavi dynasty
Persia may also refer to:
- Persia, Iowa, a city in the United States
- Persian Gulf, an extension of the Indian Ocean between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula
- Fars Province, a province in Iran, also known as Pārs
Related pages[change | change source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.