|This article or section needs to be made bigger. You can help the Simple English Wikipedia by doing so.
Further information might be found on the talk page. (May 2013)
||This article needs to be updated.|
PlayStation 4 console with DualShock 4 controller and PlayStation Camera
|Developer||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Manufacturer||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Type||Video game console|
|Media||Blu-ray Disc, DVD|
|Memory||8 GB GDDR5 (unified)|
|Storage||Hard drive, 500GB (user upgradeable)|
|Graphics||Semi-custom AMD Radeon GPU (integrated into APU)|
|Controller input||DualShock 4, PlayStation Move, PlayStation Vita|
|Connectivity||802.11 b/g/n Wireless, Bluetooth 2.1, USB 3.0, Ethernet 10/100/1000|
|Online services||PlayStation Network|
|No native support
Cloud support planned
PlayStation 4 (also known by the code name Orbis) is the fourth home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment and the successor to the PlayStation 3. It was officially announced at a press conference on February 20, 2013 and launched on November 15 2013.
For the first time ever, players will show emotion based on the context of the match. With over 600 new emotional reactions, players now respond to pivotal moments on the pitch – bad tackles, missed chances, epic goals - as they would in real life .
History[change | change source]
Presentation[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- O'Brien, Terrence (20 August 2013). "PlayStation 4 hitting shelves on November 15th in the US for $399, November 29th in Europe". Engadget (AOL). Archived from the original on August 20, 2013. http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/20/playstation-4-hitting-shelves-on-november-15/. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Mohamed N Al Khan (September 26, 2013). "Games13: Let the video games begin". The National. http://www.thenational.ae/uae/technology/games13-let-the-video-games-begin. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Leandre, Kenn (September 18, 2013). "PlayStation 4 Asia Launch Date Announced". IGN Asia (IGN Entertaintment, Inc.). http://ap.ign.com/en/news/9141/playstation-4-singapore-launch-date-announced. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Desai, Sameer (September 30, 2013). "Sony's PS4 preorder page for India is live, mentions 2013 release". MCV India. http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/sony-s-ps4-preorder-page-for-india-is-live-mentions-2013-release/0121849. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Phillips, Tom (September 9, 2013). "PlayStation 4 won't launch in Japan until February 2014". Eurogamer (Eurogamer Network). Archived from the original on September 9, 2013. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-playstation-4-wont-launch-in-japan-until-february-2014. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "The Next PlayStation is Called Orbis, Sources Say. Here are the Details.". http://kotaku.com/. http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details.
- "Orbis SCE DevNet". http://orbis.scedev.net/. http://orbis.scedev.net/.
- "Sony to show the 'future' Feb. 20, could it be the PlayStation 4?". http://www.techradar.com/. http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/sony-to-show-the-future-feb-20-could-it-be-the-playstation-4-1128752.
- "PS4 release date, news and rumours". http://www.techradar.com/. http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-release-date-news-and-rumours-937822.