From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Main character[change | edit source]
- Pocoyo is the main character of the series. He is a young boy full of curiosity who loves to play games and discover new things. He is always shown wearing blue clothes and a hat. He is (always) four years old; his "birthday" (when he inevitably turns four again) is October 14. His best friends are Pato, Elly and Loula. He has a vehicle called the Vamoosh which he can use to travel under the water, in the air or through space. He is voiced by Montana Smedley most of the time, but occasionally, by Alex Marty.
- Pato is a yellow duck who wears nothing but a small green hat. Pato means duck in Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, and Papiamento. A favourite amongst the young children due to his enjoyable dancing. Although friendly, Pato is the most fussy and impatient character (indicated by his beak that bends in an angle when disappointed or shocked); on occasion he completely loses his temper, jumping up and down and quacking furiously. He is used as a jackhammer or missile or a hat and can become a helicopter.
- Elly is a pink elephant who always wears a blue back-pack. She loves making biscuits and tea, and she also has a doll that she loves very much. Despite her size, she is graceful and gentle, capable of ballet dancing. She usually rides around on her pink scooter.
- Loula is Pocoyo's orange-yellow pet puppy and companion. Originally, the character's name was Lucas, in tribute to Creator and Director Guillermo García Carsi's dog, but for the series was lacking female characters so it was changed to Loula.
- Sleepy Bird is a teal-coloured bird. She does little but sleep, and usually flies with her eyes closed. Named "Pajaroto" in the Spanish version (reportedly named after a Zinkia employee nicknamed "Maroto", and bearing a strong resemblance to him. The similar sounding Pajarito means "little bird" in Spanish.), and "Pájaro Dormilón" in the Latin American version. Pájaro means bird in Spanish. She can be active from time to time, but it's far more likely she will be found asleep or snoozing.
Secondary characters[change | edit source]
- Aliens are sweet little green beings that Pocoyo finds in space in search of his toy plane.
- Baby Bird is the small, active and loud baby of Sleepy Bird, who gets into tricky situations from which he is rescued by Pocoyo. Named "Pajarito" in Spanish version ('little bird')
- Ball Orchestra is a group of three ball-like creatures who play the trumpet, drums and cymbals.
- Butterfly is a very hungry butterfly which Pocoyo occasionally catches.
- Caterpillar (named "Valentina" in Spanish) is a yellow caterpillar with a blue bow on top of her head. She speaks in gibberish and has the ability to change into a butterfly and back when she wants.
- (Fred the) Octopus is a red octopus (although shown with only 4 legs, as to make animation rendering simpler) who speaks in gibberish like Caterpillar, and is very fond of singing. He appears in random episodes, sometimes as a major character, sometimes in passing. As of Season Two, he is sometimes referred to as 'Fred'.
- Finbar the Horse is a giddy horse who loves to dance.
- Music Flower & The Band are musical characters who play music that Pocoyo likes.
- Whale is a huge white whale with red cheeks who Pocoyo meets under the sea.
Episode list[change | edit source]
To date two series have been produced, each with 52 episodes. There is also an unreleased episode entitled "The See-Saw".
Season 1 (2005-2006)[change | edit source]
Season 2 (2006-2007)[change | edit source]
References[change | edit source]
- "FAQ (1.0)". The Official Pocoyo Blog. 2006–10–10. http://pocoyo.blogs.com/pocoyo/2006/10/faq_10.html. Retrieved 2007–11–19.
- "FAQ (1.0)". The Official Pocoyo Blog. 2006–10–10. http://pocoyo.blogs.com/pocoyo/2006/10/faq_10.html. Retrieved 2007–11–24.