Pope Anastasius II
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Papacy began||24 November 496|
|Papacy ended||16 November 498|
|Died||16 November 498
Rome, Ostrogothic Kingdom
Early life[change | change source]
Anastasius was born in Rome.
Pope[change | change source]
Anastasius was elected pope on November 24, 496.
Legacy[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "Pope Anastasius II", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-8-27.
- "Anastasius," Encyclopedia Britannica (1911); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- McBrien. Lives of the Popes (San Francisco, Harper, 2000) p. 82–83.
- Bunson, Matthew. (2004). OSV's Encyclopedia of Catholic History, p. 74.
Other websites[change | change source]
- "Pope Anastasius II". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Popes in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Anastasius II